Whilst we are unable to exercise in the gym or at leisure centres, going for a walk has become part of our daily routine. Whether its going on a walk on a lunch break or filling your weekends with a long walks with your family, getting out in the fresh air can make such a big difference to your day. From clearing your head to giving you a positive boost in terms of mood, even just a 20 minute walk is a good idea! With the weather changing slowly and the sunny days appearing, getting some vitamin D really lifts your mood and can help change a bad day into a good day.
In WD3 we are lucky to be surrounded by ample green space, so there are many picturesque walking routes to explore. We have put together a list of some of our favourite walks around Rickmansworth, Croxley Green and Chorleywood:
- A loop or two around the Aquadrome
- The Aquadrome Local Nature Reserve through to Watford/Cassiobury Park
- Batchworth Lake and The Grand Union Canal circular walk
- Stroll along the Grand Union Canal to see the canal boats
- The Ebury Way is a nice route for walking, as well as a great bike trail!
- The River Chess can be a shorter walk or you can turn it into a longer route by walking to Chorleywood
- Chorleywood Common is a scenic walk & great for those who have dogs and families
- Chorleywood to Chesham via Chess Valley Walk
- Chorleywood to Kings Langley- circular route
- Valley Walk- leads to the River Chess in Rickmansworth
- Chorleywood and Chenies circular walk
Croxley Green walks:
- Whippendell Woods is a good route to bring your dog/s
- Around Croxley Common Moors is a popular one!
- Croxley Green boundary walk
- The Croxley Green loops
These are just some of our favourite local walks. Whilst we have the time to go exploring around our local area, let us know if you try any of these or have any more recommendations for local walks. The weather looks good this weekend so why not try one or two?