The market has changed a lot over the course of 2014 and 2015, with increasing demand for properties and subsequent rising prices in the Rickmansworth, Watford, Chorleywood and surrounding area. As a result of this increase in activity, you may well have noticed a large percentage of properties are being launched to the market in the form of a viewing or open day. Whether you are looking to buy or sell, I have outlined below the pros and cons of this approach to marketing.
PROs for a seller
– You only have to prepare your home for marketing for one day, meaning kids, pets, and perhaps husbands (if you household is anything like mine), only need to be tidied up after the once. You can clean the house from top to toe, put some fresh flowers in a vase, bake some bread and go out for the day knowing your home is looking it’s absolute best!
– You have the opportunity to get a lot of people through the door at the same time, creating a buzz around your property.
– If several people are interested after the viewing day, it is likely to go to best and final offers, allowing you to achieve the best price for your home.
CONs for the seller
– Pinning all your hopes on one day can be risky and if for any reason it does not sell, you lose your honeymoon period straight away
– Viewing days and open days can encourage window shoppers and nosey parkers
– Viewing days and open days can put off purchasers who do not want to bid against others
PROs for a buyer
– You have the reassurance that you will get to view a property at the same time as everyone else
– You do not risk the property being bought before you get a chance to view and offer
– You will not see the property being listed as sold before it ever reached the market
CONs for the buyer
– You inevitably end up competing against other buyers for the property
– There is little flexibility on when you can view
With such high demand for properties it seems the most sensible way to manage the high levels of interest, and is an approach that is already very much established across the globe such as in America and Australia. Sewell & Gardner have tweaked the process slightly and have a unique marketing strategy to suit both buyers and sellers, tackling all the issues above. Our approach has proven highly successful time and time again. If you are thinking of selling and want to discuss further, please do not hesitate to call me on 01923 776400. I look forward to hearing from you!