We were extremely lucky with the weather this month when we had our 10th Anniversary party in Chorleywood. Our anniversary was actually in April but we waited and waited for the sun….
Everything went to plan as the teams in our different offices and their families joined us for a BBQ, a few beers and a disco. I was delighted to remain unbeaten on the Sumo suits, the children all enjoyed the bouncy castle and the photo booth and we managed to keep Joe Rylett off the microphone for the majority of the evening. If you are having a party I would highly recommend the use of a photo booth, not cheap but was a hit with young and old.
I was asked at the party what my favourite 10 memories were with the business and have been racking my brain ever since, it’s like when someone asks you your top 10 films or songs of all time. However, I have given it a go below, probably only interesting for me, but I enjoyed writing them down!
1. 2011 Sunday Times awards – Jane & I were parked at the back of the room with no expectations of a win, cue announcement of Sewell & Gardner as GOLD winner in the BEST SINGLE office for our region, meeting with Dame Kelly Holmes and a night of celebrations….
2. New York, New York – 5 years in, we set a target for a trip for the whole business to go to New York – we hit target and a weekend of frenetic shopping and sightseeing ensued.
3. ESTAs 2012 – the ONLY estate agent award voted for by the customers and a GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE won and our first sales award, my proudest moment.
4. Kirsty & Martyn’s wedding – our first (and to date ONLY) Sewell & Gardner wedding, I felt like Cilla Black although I didn’t actually introduce them!
5. 10th Anniversary party – 10 years trading and going strong – the best team joined together to celebrate.
6. Re-branding – our bravest decision but one we should have made years ago, the new brand was perfect, representing what we are, a strong independent family business.
7. Sunday Times awards 2012 – they say it is even harder to stay at the top and Jane and the lettings team triumph again and I got to meet Sir Matthew Pinsent, what a legend.
8. Showing Liam Gallagher around 3 houses – what a lovely chap, polite & funny with the vendors, although also my most embarrassing moment when one vendor had invited around about 25 people for the viewing….
9. Opening Chorleywood & our new Lettings office – busting out of the seems we needed to open our new separate lettings office and expanded into Chorleywood to great effect in both cases.
10. The last is a bit cheesy but it’s the friendships I have made within the teams throughout the years.
So, that is the last of looking backwards and focus on the 10 year target, another trip to the big Apple beckons, we’re on target and I hope we make it.